keKit is a General Tool-Kit Add-on for Blender
• The Add-On provides extensive options for customizing & optimizing workflows.
• An all-in-one collection of Scripts, Tools, Macros and Pie-Menus, etc.
• Modular - The kit is composed of separate modules that can be enabled or disabled.
• At your discretion - No preset shortcuts
Available as a paid Pro version and as Donation/Tip-ware for the Standard version!
∆ First Installation
• Install zip-file from prefs/add-ons inside Blender.
(Do not extract zip-file)
To avoid potential shortcut & prefs-issues when upgrading keKit -
Follow these instructions exactly:
• Close blender.
• Delete the kekit add-on folder manually. (Find HERE)
• Replace with the folder in the downloaded zip file (unzip here).
• Restart blender.
∆ Kit Preferences
Between Blender version installs, or different computers,
you can transfer the keKit prefs file from the user config folder.
• Export/Import keKit prefs in the add-on preferences.
- Note: Does NOT contain shortcuts, only keKit settings.
∆ General Use
• keKit is found in the 3d viewport tabs (the "N-panel")
• Mouse-hover over each script in the keKit panels for tool-tip pop-ups.
• Right mouse button for shortcut assignment:
- No keKit-default shortcuts are preset - you manage your own shortcuts.∆ Known Issues
• keKit is (reported to be) incompatible with 'Simple Tabs'(and similar):
- Add keKit to the "exclude" feature in Simple Tabs prefs.
• Added Vertex Connect Selected to Active mode in vert mode. VIDEO.
Cursor Fit & Align (Fix)
• Modifiers with mesh-deforming skipped (none-type error msgs)
Nice Project (Fix)
• Selection error popup fix
Context Dissolve (Fix/Upd)
• Now has redo panel(s), instead of forced settings
• Fixed selection history bug (after re-launching QM)
Unhide or Local Off (Fix)
• Fix deleting visible context object when hidden objects in scene issue
Cleanup - Tiny Edges (Fix)
• Fixed tiny edges always checked bug
Overlay Pie Menu (Upd)
• Disable edit mode options (visually, not just functionally) in obj mode
StepRotate & TT-MouseAxis, TT-Viewplane (Fix)
• Thin object scale axis bug fixed
v2.23Extract & Edit (Upd)
• Added Instance Copy Data option - to copy data attributes like normal settings etc.
Context Bevel (Upd)
• Added Automatic 'Apply Scale' to context bevel.
Mouse Mirror & Flip (Fix/Upd)
• No longer gives error for non-mesh objects
• Basic support for non-mesh mirroring (empties etc. location mirror only.)
• Cube Mode minimum size issue fixed - box op was set to 1cm min for some reason
Overlay Pie Menu (Upd)
• Added Relationship Lines option
• Removed redundant focus mode scripts
v2.22Radial Instances (NEW)
• Modal circular linked-duplication with re-activation feature.
• No modifiers, no geo-nodes.
• Place CURSOR as center. 'Hub' axis is the SELECTED OBJECT axis facing you/view.
VIDEO (YT)Linear Array - Instances (Upd/NEW)
• A new feature for Linear Array (not a separate operator like Radial Instances)
• Converts to Duplicated Linked-Data Mesh Objects (aka 'Instances')
- This "finalizes" the live modal LA modifier
• Also available as a shortcut during Modal in the regular Linear Array.
- Meaning, you can re-activate the LA modal and "finalize" to instances at any time
• (Linux) Added support for unsupported keys (such as GRLESS) as "Y" (This)
VIDEOExtract & Extrude (ExEx) (NEW)
• Extracts mesh selection, offsets and extrudes.
• Duplication panel.
• Adjustments in the redo-panel.
VIDEOCursor Fit & Align (Upd/Fix)
• Improved alignments
• Between separate island selection align support
• Fixed z-rotation issue in object mode
• Cut+/Copy+/Paste+ rewritten (again!)
• Now uses the native copybuffer (temp-export method) in both Object & Edit Mode
• Paste+ Merge option for Object Mode re-instated:
(Auto-Merges if Mesh Object is selected when pasting)
Extract & Edit (Upd/NEW)
• Itemize & E&E are now combined into ONE operator (using the E&E name).
• All options are available in the shortcut-editor. Build-your-own variant!
• Group Move Feature added: Using temp-parenting to place multi-object selections
• Multi Object Clear Rotation support: Each cleared when pointing at selected obj.
• Fixed (Modal Object Mode) Center Snap:
Will now snap to the face under the mouse when done (not when starting)
• Options in the redo-panel are now the same as the keKit panel props
• StepRotate Pie Menu : Added loc, scl, (& both) 'clear'. IMAGE
• Added StepRotate 90/-90 buttons (for shortcut assignment, e.g: modifiers+mouse wheel)
VIDEOContext Delete (Fix)
• Smart-Delete Mode Fix: Dissolve invalid geo (e.g. line edges) will now delete
• When selecting all geo in the default cube now warns, not error msg (invalid selection)
• Void Clone: Non-mesh obj support (Just a alt. duplication method)
VIDEOContext Select (Upd/New)
• Collection Select Option: Selects all other objects in the selected object's collection
Context Connect (Fix)
• Fixed knife-only bug with multiple objects selected
Snapping Combos (Upd)
• Snapping Combos: Naming menu & Snapping Menu:
Added reference slot numbers & the color icons for clarity
IMAGEMisc Panel Updates
• Removed "Save prefs" reminders in pop-over info, no longer needed
keKIT : Modes Module (Upd)
• This module is now only available as a separate Add-on HEREVIDEO DEMO
• Fixed activate issue for add-on for fresh installs
• Added grid placement functionality (Object & Edit Mode)
- When pointing over nothing, selection will be placed on the grid
- Placement options: VIDEOAlign Origin To Selected (Upd)
• Added Invert z-axis Toggle. Default on. (Easier new bottom orientation)
• keKit panel entry restored. Why not.
• (Cut+) Automatically makes sure object is actually selected (not context only)
• Undo improvement.
• Itemize has been integrated with E&E, as a toggle.
- No difference to E&E other than that there can be transforms now
- Copy variant deprecated. (Dupe before E&E, save a shortcut)
• Deprecated. (Operator still available, until the next update)