↲ FRONT PAGE
Image 2 Mesh [keI2M]
Version 1.2 2023-01-05 ISO8601
Copyright © Kjell Emanuelsson - Blender GNU General Public License [GPLv3]
Note: Only the current stable public release of Blender is supported. May or may not work on old (2.8+) or Beta releases.
I2M is a Blender Add-on that lets you convert image(s) to mesh geometry. Used for Concept Art, Visual FX, 3d Modeling (photo mapping / reference), etc.
Features: Plane, Screw or Boolean conversion, Auto UV Projection Setup (keep working with live UV's), Vertex Color Mode option, RGB Color-As-Alpha option (Set in Add-on prefs), Batch Processing, Alpha-Border dilation. etc.
Donation-ware: If you find use for it, consider donating!
│ DOWNLOAD │
--- LINKS ---
‣ Initial Demo Video on: YouTube
‣ 1.005 Update Demo Video on: YouTube
‣ Public feedback & discussion at BlenderArtists
--- UPDATES ---
• Added Custom Size options
└─ Autofit: (The old default) Automatically fits all resolutions to 1 Blender Unit (1m)
└─ Width: Set a custom width/size in BU (meter)
└─ Pixel Width: Set pixel size in BU (meter) (Mesh Width = Pixel Width * Work Res")
• Automatic update-check has been removed
. No need - Not that many updates
• Added Color 2 Material Mode
└─ Assigns a material by most common colors, with a threshold value. IMAGE
└─ Works with or without Alpha/RGB-as-alpha:IMAGE
(Worst case example - 1k+ high detail images will be slow. Smoothing not recommended.)
└─ Adjust material outlines with smoothing value. IMAGE
(Tip: Automatic, will not work for all cases
Disable, and use manual smooth-tool for tricky cases.)
└─ Please Note: c2m mode is intended for distinct color-separation:
"Busy" images will not work: IMAGE
• Color reduction threshold option added for Vertex Color Mode
• Custom panel location fixed - Assign the kit location in Add-on prefs.
• Add-on category changed from "Modeling" to "Import-Export"
• Add Border Expand feature (dilation). Also works in rgb mode.IMAGE
• Added support for using the same image file on all 3 boolean slots (Front, Right & Top)
• Fix rounding error (bottom left mesh faces were offset issue, noticable on low res) IMAGE
• Fix “reverse” tolerance in rbg mode (behaves more like the alpha slider now)
• Fixed some object invalidation issues when switching between to & from boolean geo ops
• Batch Process bug fixed (invalid screw flip property when redoing batch)
• Custom Work Resolution
• Vertex Color Mode (or, “retro pixel gfx mode”)
└─ Uses vertex colors instead of the texture for each face converted from the image pixels.
• Fixed Console Text Output Total count error
• Fixed update notification link : should go directly to gumroad instead of 404 the next update ;>
• Added Batch Processing operator for PLANE and SCREW modes.
└─ Uses last used settings: Load just one image first to tweak settings before batching an entire folder.
└─ Bools are not (& will not be) batchable.
• Better Dissolve (and just one now). Worst Case-ish example IMAGE
1K @ ~1 minute (old 12C)
• User RGB instead of Alpha option (in add-on prefs)